Elephants are an integral part of the Mysore Dussehra Festival. The elephants form the core of the Mysore Dasara procession on the Vijayadashami day. To celebrate Dussehra artsy craftsy style, we decided to make our own Paper Craft Elephants.
• Blue, pink, orange construction paper in A4 sizes
• Cartini scissors - fine tip
• Black marker
• Glue stick
• Lots of embellishments - Rhinestone stickers, Lace, Sparkly accesories
To make –
1. Draw an elephant shape on the blue construction paper using a pencil.
2. Cut out the outline carefully using scissors
3. Using Black markers, draw an eye for the elephant.
4. Using different colored papers & embellishments, decorate the Dussehra elephnat to your heart's desire.
5. We first made the decorative rug for the elephant's back using Orange & pink construction paper. Used Golden lace to make it look more royal.
6. Using Rhinestone stickers we decorated the trunk, the ears, the feet and even added a necklace.
You can make this out of thicker cardboard and use it a wall hanging or decorate your porch with a drawing like ours. What do you think? Doesn't our Dussehra elephant look mighty grand?