It’s back-to-school for the little ones and for us that means a lot of reading! As big book lovers, this comes as no chore for us. But to make things even more fun, we decided to create Pretty Bird bookmarks. These bookmarks are super easy to make and take less than 15 minutes to put together.
Materials required -
1. Icecream stick spoons [ the wooden variety] .
2. Washi tape in bright colors or any other decorative tape
3. Hot Glue Gun
4. Googly Eyes
5. Yellow Felt
6. Red Foam
7. Cartini scissors [ insert link to the craft scisssors here ]
8. Decorative Ric Rac
9. Red Button
To make –
1. Line up all your craft items at one place.
2. Take the Icecream sticks and chop off the rounded top & bottom part.
3. Using washi tape, cover the whole stick. If you don't have tape, use acrylic paints & make your own designs.
4. Cut out 2 heart shapes from red foam for the wings.
5. Cut out a beak & feet for the bird using scissors & yellow felt.
6. Be sure to line your craft table with a rubber mat or newspaper to avoid Hot Glue spills. Set the glue gun to heat.
7. Using a hot glue gun, Stick the beak first. then the eyes, then the wings & lastly the feet of the bird. Let dry.
8. Finally, stick the bird at one end of a fancy colored ric rac or satin ribbon & add a button to the other end.
9. And your bookmarks are ready to be placed in a book and will look really cute peeping out from time to time.
They’re cute, fun and super easy to make. Package them up with a few new notebooks, pencils and a book gift card for a great back-to-school gift for the Teacher too!
Shruti Bhat wears many hats throughout her day - Mum to lil p, Wife, Friend, A Quality Analyst at work, and the chief dreamer at ArtsyCraftsyMom.com where she shares creative Mum-Tested ideas for children and their parents. She can also be reached at @Artsycraftsymom on Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest